The capital of Denmark is known for its perfect climate, scenic views, and exciting tourist attractions. With so many things to see, you’d want to stay here for a few more days than you planned.
While the city is worth every penny, your trip of a lifetime shouldn’t break the bank! A popular way to save money on your European excursion is to stay at hostels instead of hotels.
Moreover, hostels are great if you want to get to know other people and have a good time while making new friends. Here’s a list of the 7 highest-rated hostels in Copenhagen and all you need to know about them.
Table of Contents
1. Next House Copenhagen
Next House Copenhagen comes at the top of our list among hostels in Copenhagen with its quality, vibrant community, and urban elegance. Located at the center of the city, it offers convenience to attractions like Tivoli Gardens and the National Museum.
The hostel fosters an inclusive atmosphere, particularly welcoming to LGBTQ travelers. When it comes to the best hostels in Copenhagen, Next House Copenhagen stands out as a shining example of excellence.
- Unbeatable quality and modern design
- Central location for easy access to attractions
- Welcoming international community
- Extensive and modern amenities
- LGBTQ-friendly environment
- Extra charges for kitchen and lockers
- Compact room size
- Limited in-room seating
- Slight inconvenience due to limited elevators
Next House Copenhagen takes the hostel experience into a remarkable journey of quality and connection. With minor considerations in mind, it stands as a top choice for travelers seeking an extraordinary stay in Copenhagen.
2. Steel House Copenhagen
Looking for hostels in Copenhagen that combine luxury and convenience? Steel House Copenhagen is your answer. This hostel is set in the heart of the city and is inspired by the New York style. The hostel offers an ‘industrial chic’ vibe that’s both modern and comfortable. Here’s what you can expect:
- Stylish Luxury: Experience urban charm with a blend of raw elements, soft textures, and rustic interiors.
- Room Options: Choose from 6-bed or 4-bed dorms, private double or single rooms, all equipped with private facilities.
- Abundant Amenities: Enjoy a well-equipped gym, indoor pool (with a fee), cinema, game room, yoga classes, and more.
- Central Location: Minutes away from Tivoli Gardens and Strøget shopping street for easy exploration.
- Social Engagement: Take part in guided tours, live music events, and karaoke nights for a vibrant social experience.
- Extra Fees: Some facilities, even luggage storage, come at an extra cost.
- Limited Space: Some dorms may feel cramped, impacting comfort.
- Self-Guided Activities: Navigating activities might need personal exploration or app usage.
Despite minor cons like extra charges and space concerns, Steel House Copenhagen offers a luxury and lively stay. This is possible due to its central location and unique design, making it a standout choice among hostels in Copenhagen.
3. Generator Hostel Copenhagen
Next on our list of the top hostels in Copenhagen is the Generator Hostel Copenhagen. It boasts a prime central location, making exploration easy. With under-bed lockers and bunk privacy screens, it offers convenience and comfort in every room.
- Ideal Location: Centrally situated, allowing easy access to Copenhagen’s attractions.
- Helpful Staff: Great and helpful staff providing valuable advice and a friendly atmosphere.
- Choose your Room: Choose from shared dorms to private rooms, catering to different preferences.
- Stylish Atmosphere: Guests find the hostel’s design comparable to a hotel with a hostel vibe.
- Expensive meals: Meals have limited options and are a little pricey.
- Heat Issues: Upper floors can get very hot due to limited ventilation and lack of air conditioning.
- Limited facilities: Minimal common seating beyond the bar. Limited laundry facilities, and security within dorms.
Generator Hostel Copenhagen provides a central, stylish, and practical stay. While there are some drawbacks like ventilation issues and limited amenities. Yet, the comfort, convenience, and helpful staff make it a worthy choice among hostels in Copenhagen
So you consider yourself an adventurer, but not when it comes to staying uncomfortably. If you’re exploring hostels in Copenhagen, Urban Camper Hostel offers a great indoor camping concept. This place blends comfort and community in the vibrant Nørrebro neighborhood.
- Social Events: Enjoy the fun and social aspects of camping minus the downsides, with large indoor tents for accommodation.
- Lively Atmosphere: Experience a green, social vibe inspired by South American jungles and city streets.
- Helpful Staff: Friendly team ready to assist 24/7, creating a welcoming environment.
- Shared Spaces: Socialize in the bar during Happy Hour, play games like pool, and meet fellow travelers.
- Noise Factor: Tent walls might not completely block out sounds from other guests.
- Ventilation: Air inside tents can get stuffy, affecting comfort during sleep.
Urban Camper Hostel’s new indoor camping brings a novel twist to the hostel scene. Despite minor noise and ventilation concerns, it’s still a great choice.
The lively atmosphere, central location, and friendly staff contribute to a memorable stay. Its social events foster connections and exploration during your time in Copenhagen.
5. YMCA Interpoint Hostel
When searching for hostels in Copenhagen, YMCA Interpoint Hostel Copenhagen offers a unique experience. This hostel is run by volunteers. It is a basic yet functional accommodation in the trendy Vesterbro neighborhood.
- Volunteer Hospitality: Friendly volunteers offer excellent service, making up for any limitations.
- Central Location: Positioned in Vesterbro, a hipster neighborhood with modern amenities.
- Unique Setting: Housed within a neo-classic YMCA building from 1923, adding to the charm.
- Budget-Friendly: Affordable rates considering the cozy atmosphere and central locale.
- Ample Outlets: Rooms come with many electrical outlets for each bed, enhancing convenience.
- Curfew: Nighttime curfew (01:00-07:00) for entry might affect late-night plans
- Shower Distance: Showers are located a bit far from the rooms, a minor inconvenience.
- Extra Charges: Rental fees for bedclothes, pillows, duvets, and towels can add up.
YMCA Interpoint Hostel offers a distinctive stay managed by volunteers in a vibrant neighborhood. While there are some inconveniences like the curfew and extra charges, other things make up for it.
Their warm hospitality, central location, and affordability make it a good choice for travelers exploring Copenhagen on a budget.
6. Sleep In Heaven
Sleep in Heaven gives you one of the most unique experiences among hostels in Copenhagen. This hostel in the multicultural Norrebro area offers a vibrant and social atmosphere. The hostel is suitable for all age groups encouraging new friendships and gives you the experience of sleep in heaven copenhagen.
- Prime Location: Situated near Assistens cemetery, a short walk to the metro for city center access.
- Facility Highlights: Features an outdoor terrace, bar, pool tables, and keycard security.
- Established Reputation: Awarded Denmark’s best Copenhagen hostel in 2010 and 2012 Hoscars.
- No Kitchen Facility. Lack of kitchen facilities, although bringing your own food is allowed.
- Noise Concerns: Some guests mentioned noise levels and limited toilets, affecting the experience.
- Room Sizes: Some rooms can be too small for the number of occupants.
- Distance from Attractions: Not centrally located, requiring travel to major tourist spots.
Sleep In Heaven Hostel offers a lively environment in a multicultural neighborhood. While there are certain limitations like noise concerns and room sizes, other things make up for it. The friendly atmosphere, welcoming staff, and established reputation make it a great choice if you’re on a budget.
7. Danhostel Copenhagen City
Among the hostels in Copenhagen, Danhostel Copenhagen City stands out for its affordability. Moreover, the central location and many facilities make it a good choice. The hostel offers a vibrant and bustling atmosphere. This is a large hostel boasting 1,020 beds and 5 apartments, catering to various group sizes.
- Prime Location: Situated on H.C. Andersens Boulevard, a short walk from the Central Train Station and key attractions.
- City Views: Offers exceptional skyline views, including the Opera House and Islands Brygge, and is considered as best hostels copenhagen
- Entertainment Options: Features TVs for guests, a book exchange, and Copenhagen’s affordable BAR50.
- Convenient Amenities: Provides a guest kitchen, laundry facilities, and common areas.
- Budget-Friendly: Offers an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for a reasonable price.
- Crowded Lobby: Large hostel with an active lobby, occasionally hosting school groups.
- Basic Rooms: Accommodations are fairly basic, with simple amenities.
- Temperature Concerns: Some rooms may get warm and stuffy.
Its prime location, ample facilities, and affordable options make it an ideal choice. If you’re seeking a lively hub close to major attractions this is your best bet. While there are some concerns about room comfort the vibrant atmosphere and central convenience add to its appeal.
Our Final Words
Copenhagen’s hostel scene has undergone a big upgrade, owing to its growing tourism. Hostels in Copenhagen deliver everything you expect from a hotel and more.
These hostels offer a selection of stylish, comfortable, and wallet-friendly accommodations. With so many options – from the picturesque waterfront of Nyhavn to the trendy vibes of Nørrebro – the city caters to diverse preferences.
Experience an adventurous trip to Copenhagen while exploring scenic canals in awe of the amusement at Tivoli Gardens. Like in many European cities, finding an affordable place to stay can be difficult. Yet, Copenhagen’s hostels have successfully merged affordability with comfort.